Untitled (detail) by Gabriel Thy
he following is a snippet from a really slamming list of cerebral topics from artist Graham Matthews
and his blog Artpromotivate
that the artist should consider when blogging. This list is, of course, not a make or break list, but whether one is just getting started in one’s career or putting the finishing touches on a period in one’s career, this list can be a valuable resource in shifting one’s creative inertia from one’s own representational work to the infrastructure girding it.
103 Blogging Topics for Artists to Write About…
- Artists you admire, and why.
- A recent painting, drawing, sculpture, etc. you are working on.
- Why you decided to become an artist.
- Topics about your art creation process.
- Lessons you have learned as an artist.
- Tips on art promotion.
- How you choose your painting palette.
- A slideshow of your art.
- Drawings from your sketchbook.
- Explain the inspiration or meaning behind artworks.
- Write about a historical artist you admire (Van Gogh, Rembrandt, etc.).
- Write opinions about a post you saw on another art blog.
- Highlight contemporary artists you admire.
Read it all.
Tags: blogging, famous artists, local artists, tips